Once a student joins your membership and creates a subscription, you cannot change the price from within Marvelous but you are able to edit the subscription from within Stripe.
There are a few situations in which you may want to change a student's subscription amount (e.g. they are an existing customer and you want to offer them a current promotional price, they forgot to enter a coupon when they signed up or you want to extend some extra love).
From within Stripe, you able to do a one-time refund to any payment made by the student or you can change the monthly subscription amount for more than once a month.
How to do a one-time full/partial refund:
1. Log in to your Stripe account.
2. In the search bar at the top, enter the client's email.
3. A list of all payments from that customer is shown.
4. Choose the payment you want to refund or partially refund.
5. Click on the three dots on the very right-hand side and select refund.
6. You can now enter the amount of refund you wish to give (partial or full).
How to change a student's subscription for more than one month:
If you want to change the amount that is charged to a student subscription you will need to create a coupon from within Stripe and apply it to a student(s) subscription.
1. Create a coupon in Stripe by going to "Billing " and "Coupons
2. Click on "New" and fill in the coupon fields (much like Marvelous clients).
3. Once you've created the coupon, you will now apply that coupon to a student's subscription and this action will adjust the price.
4. Find the student in the search bar using email or name.
5. Scroll down until you see the "Active Subscriptions" and click on the three dots in line with the subscription you want to edit.
6. Add the coupon ID to the subscription and your subscription is now edited.
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at email@example.com 🙂