WHAT IS A ZOOM WEBINAR?
On Marvelous, we call Zoom webinars "broadcast" live-streams. In this type of live-stream, your students are view-only and only the teacher is visible.
You must have a paid Zoom account with the WEBINAR ADD-ON to use the Zoom webinar live-stream. Your participant limit is 100 and the participants are view-only attendees. You can add more participants by purchasing add-ons through Zoom.
(If you do not want the webinar style live-stream and want your participants to be able to participate, you should create a Zoom meeting or group collaborative live-stream. Learn more about Zoom meetings on Marvelous here.)
INTEGRATING WITH ZOOM
Before you can set up a Zoom webinar live-stream, you must integrate your Marvelous site with your paid Zoom account with the Zoom webinar add-on. How to do this is explained in this article.
HOW TO CREATE A ZOOM WEBINAR INSIDE Marvelous
You can add a broadcast live-stream event to any product type (memberships or courses) You simply, create and schedule the live-stream inside your product. And when it's time to go live, you initiate the live-stream from your calendar. Here's a step by step guide on how to create and start a broadcast live-stream event.
1) Go to “Calendar” and select “Add Event”.
2) Fill in the fields for this event including:
the product you wish to have the event for
3) Under "Event Type", select "Broadcasting Event".
4) Set the "date", "start-time", and "duration" of the live-stream. Check the box if you want the event to repeat and select the "day" and the "repeats until" date.
HOW TO START THE LIVE-STREAM
When you are ready to live-stream, you need to initiate the live-stream.
1) Make sure you are logged into your Zoom account.
2) Go to your "Calendar" tab in your teacher account.
3) In your calendar, click on the live-stream session, you want to initiate.
4) Once you click on the live-stream session, you will see the pop-up shown below. When you click the blue button "Start Zoom Session", the Zoom window will open and live-streaming will begin so be camera ready!
5) To end the session, you can click "End Meeting" in the bottom right hand corner.
WHERE DO I ACCESS THE RECORDING?
After the session has ended, Zoom will process the video and then send it automatically to your Media Library on Marvelous. It may take a few minutes to process depending on the length of the live-stream.
Click on Media Library and you will see the recording appear when Zoom's processing is complete. You can now add that recording to any of your products.
Error: "If you are the meeting host, sign in to start the meeting
Solution: Login to your Zoom account on the browser that you are using to live-stream.
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at email@example.com 🙂