WHAT IS A ZOOM WEBINAR?
On Marvelous, we call Zoom webinars "broadcast" live-streams. In this type of live-stream, your students are view-only and only the teacher is visible.
You must have a paid Zoom account with the WEBINAR ADD-ON to use the Zoom webinar live-stream. Your participant limit is 100 and the participants are view-only attendees. You can add more participants by purchasing add-ons through Zoom.
(If you do not want the webinar style live-stream and want your participants to be able to participate, you should create a Zoom meeting or group collaborative live-stream. Learn more about Zoom meetings on Marvelous here.)
INTEGRATING WITH ZOOM
Before you can set up a Zoom webinar live-stream, you must integrate your Marvelous site with your paid Zoom account with the Zoom webinar add-on. How to do this is explained in this article.
HOW TO CREATE A ZOOM WEBINAR INSIDE Marvelous
You can add a broadcast live-stream event to any product type (memberships or courses) You simply, create and schedule the live-stream inside your product. And when it's time to go live, you initiate the live-stream from your calendar. Here's a step by step guide on how to create and start a broadcast live-stream event.
1) Go to “Calendar” and select “Add Event”.
2) Fill in the fields for this event including:
the product you wish to have the event for
3) Under "Event Type", select "Broadcasting Event".
If you have multiple Zoom accounts connected, make sure to select the account you want to use for the webinar by clicking on the drop down.
4) Set the "date", "start-time", and "duration" of the live-stream. Check the box if you want the event to repeat and select the "day" and the "repeats until" date.
HOW TO START THE LIVE-STREAM
When you are ready to live-stream, you need to initiate the live-stream.
1) Make sure you are logged into your Zoom account.
2) Go to your "Calendar" tab in your teacher account.
3) In your calendar, click on the live-stream session, you want to initiate.
4) Once you click on the live-stream session, you will see the pop-up shown below. When you click the blue button "Start Zoom Session", the Zoom window will open and live-streaming will begin so be camera ready!
5) To end the session, you can click "End Meeting" in the bottom right hand corner.
WHERE DO I ACCESS THE RECORDING?
After the session has ended, Zoom will process the video and then send it automatically to your Media Library on Marvelous. It may take a few minutes to process depending on the length of the live-stream.
Click on Media Library and you will see the recording appear when Zoom's processing is complete. You can now add that recording to any of your products.
Error: "If you are the meeting host, sign in to start the meeting
Solution: Login to your Zoom account on the browser that you are using to live-stream.
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at email@example.com 🙂