If a student forgets to apply a coupon to a purchase of a recurring priced product (like a membership) you can add the coupon after the purchase and process a refund on their first purchase.
For fixed-priced products, you can simply process a partial refund in Stripe without applying a coupon. Please our article on processing refunds in Stripe here.
How to manually add a coupon to a subscription in Stripe.
1. Find the student's subscription by clicking on Payments then Subscriptions at the top.
2. Then click on their email address to open the subscription.
3. Click on Action on the right then Update Subscription.
4. Scroll down and look for Add Coupon and click on it.
In the box, select find the coupon you'd like to add then click Submit.
5. If you can't find the coupon, you can copy the coupon from your Marvelous account or you can create a new coupon in Stripe by going to "Product" and then Coupons on the left.
6. Click on "New" on the upper right-hand side and fill in the coupon fields (much like Marvelous clients), then click on Create Coupon.
7. Once you've created the coupon, you can now apply that coupon ( step 1 to 4 ) to a student's subscription and this action will adjust the price of the reoccurring charge.
8. Your coupon should now be added. Make sure to switch off Prorate changes and click on Update Subscription.
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at email@example.com 🙂