Online courses are run over a set period of time, and all content is best consumed in a specific order that builds logically. Meaning students can either work at their own pace or you can schedule the content to be drip-fed so that the material is released at a certain time. This structure is ideal for helping students tackle a defined problem or set of problems.
The product builder will lead you through the steps to create a course. Between each step, you can click on "Continue" in the bottom right corner or click through the Product Builder tabs at the top.
Watch our tutorial below, or follow the written steps further down this article.
How to create a Course product
Course products will allow you to schedule lessons and to order your content for your students.
1) Navigate to "My Products" > "Products" on the left and then select "Add Product". You can also click on Add Product on the top left from the Dashboard.
2) Select "Course" from the pop-up window.
3) Fill in the product details such as the Product’s Name, Cover, Thumbnail photos, and description.
4) You can also add free content or contents by selecting "Included" then clicking on "Add Content". The content can be video, audio, or pdf files.
5) Click "Lesson" at the top and select "Add New Lesson". To add more lessons, click
"Add New Lesson" again.
6) Go to "Product Schedule" and select "Fixed Start and End Date". By selecting this option, you can sell the product now but students will not have access to its contents until the Start date. They will lose access to the product’s contents on the End Date that you’ve set.
HOW TO DRIP CONTENT
To set up a drip schedule, select the Calendar on the right of the Lesson.
Then select one of the 4 options.
With Product Purchase - this makes the Lesson and its contents available right away. However, the Start Date takes priority. If a student purchases the product on December 2nd but the Start Date is set to December 18, they won’t be able to access the product until the 18th.
After Previous Lesson is Complete - This is best used if you want students to take the lessons in order (note, this is not an option on the first lesson).
After Specified Number of Days - set the number of days each lesson is released after the purchase date (note, this is not the number of days between lessons but the number of days after purchase). For example, if you'd like the students to access a new lesson each day, you would typically set the first lesson as "With product purchase" and the second lesson as "1 Day" and the third lesson as "2 Days" and the fourth lessons as "3 Days" and so on.
After a Specified Date - set the date the lesson will be available to the student.
7) Click "Pricing" at the top and select "Fixed price product" and put in the price of your product. The Day Pass option does not need to be selected in this case since this is a course.
8) Save any changes you’ve made by clicking on "Save Product" on the top right. In the Publish Tab, you can now make the product visible as well as Published.
Once it is "Published", it is available for purchase. If you set the product to "Hidden", you need to give the Product URL to your students so they can purchase the product.
You can limit the number of enrollees by entering a number in the "Enrollment" section. In the screenshot below after 30 purchases, students are no longer able to buy this product.
Contact Us 🧡
For any questions reach out to us in our live chat or send us an email at email@example.com 🙂